General Information on SahajaYoga Workshops
Sahaja Yoga Meditation regularly holds extremely popular one-day meditation workshops in the Washington DC metro.
Topics covered at past Workshops have included...
If you are interested in learning how to enjoy the peace of meditation, come along. The atmosphere is truly wonderful when we all meditate together.
● Not sure what to expect? There are practical sessions, guided meditations, video talks by Shri Mataji (the founder of Sahaja Yoga Meditation), guest speakers, lunch and live music to enjoy. It's a very relaxed and easygoing atmosphere. It's meditation based, not 'exercise' yoga. Some people prefer to sit on seats, others like sitting on the floor.
● I'm interested but not sure.... I don't know anything about meditation! You certainly won't be alone! Most people come with no prior knowledge of meditation at all. There is a separate introductory session for beginners, with everything explained.
● Are the topics always the same? No, each workshop is different, with new topics added each time. Subjects range from how to enhance peaceful meditation; practical clearing sessions; Sahaja Yoga Meditation and the family; how to clear yourself and others.. There is always a collective meditation to enjoy.
● Who goes to workshops? It's a nice, friendly bunch of ordinary people of all ages from all walks of life. There are separate sessions for beginners and regulars. Friends and family are also welcome to attend.
● How many people attend? Usually a large group,between 30 and 40 people, including many who've never been before (heard about it via internet, friends or family),as well as, some who've attended a local meditation meeting, and many who come along regularly.
● Future workshops: Subscribe to the SahajaYoga events notification, during registration, to be informed of up-coming meditation workshops, news and events,
Hope we see you at our next workshop!
-Workshop Welcome Team-
Previous Workshops - Comments & Pictures
"What a wonderful way to spend a day! Your time, effort and devotion are truly appreciated. In a time when it seems that so few care about the lives of others, it is so reassuring and comforting to know that there are those who are compassionate and giving."
"It was a very interesting experience that made me feel really in a collectivity. I would be happy to attend others."
"A real awakening for me to be with such a copacetic group. My survival kit is in action and I know I'll enjoy the next SahajaYoga seminar, too. Thank you again for such a great experience of lasting import."
"Thank you for the wonderful SahajaYoga Meditation Seminar today. From your invitation and ride to the warm and efficient welcome, to the presenter's sharing and organizing, to the amazing food, the day could not have been better."
"The experience was so powerful and great."
"Very enjoyable. Lunch was great! Enjoyed hearing experienced yogi stories and how they started out in meditation."
"Great! Informative, nice schedule of events, great presentations!"
"Very healthy and enlightening about the true nature of ourself."